The Eurogas Annual Regional Conference ‘Focus on Portugal: The Energy Transition & The Role of Renewable Gases‘ took place on 28 November 2023 in Lisbon and online.
After last year’s successful edition, with 150+ energy professionals joining from all over Europe, this year the event shed a light on the state of play of the Portuguese gas market.
In the context of REPowerEU, the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive and the proposal for a Regulation on methane emissions reduction, we discussed how the region is delivering the objectives of carbon neutrality through the use of renewable and low-carbon gases, the commitment towards methane emissions reduction and the crucial role of energy grids.
The conference (in English only) was organised with the kind support of Floene.
- Gabriel Sousa, CEO, Floene
- Didier Holleaux, President, Eurogas
- MEP Maria da Graça Carvalho, Member of the ITRE Committee, European Parliament
Panel 1 – The Energy Performance of Buildings Directive and the role of energy grids
- Paulo do Nascimento Cabral, Adviser Azores and Energy, Permanent Representation of Portugal to the European Institutions
- Rita Pinho Rodrigues, Director for Corporate Affairs and Board Member, DECO PROteste
- Nuno Moreira, CEO, Dourogás
- Federica Sabbati, Secretary General, European Heating Industry
Panel 2 – A transition to renewable and low-carbon gases in the EU and the region
- Bernd Kuepker, Policy Officer, Unit ‘Decarbonisation and Sustainability of Energy Sources’, European Commission
- Nuno Fitas Mendes, CEO, REN Portgás
- Luis Monteiro, Home Comfort, Product Area Combustion, Bosch Termotecnologia
- Rui Costa Neto, Doctorate Researcher, IN+/IST & Professor, ULHT/ISEL
- Kamila Waciega, Energy Director, Hydrogen Europe
- Jerónimo Cunha, Director of the Directorate General for Energy and Geology
The conference was moderated by Rosália Amorim, journalist